The Silvergreen Community Centre will sit at the hub of the ecovillage, and will function as the central meeting point and "hub of operations".
It will include:
- Large cold-room for food storage.
- Commercial kitchen
- Open dining area with AV equipment, which can be used for meals, meetings, parties, presentations, seminars, movies, etc. Some outdoor tables.
- Relaxation, reading and games room with beanbags, books, pool table, ping pong table and pinball machine.
- Office with phone, photocopier, printer, scanner, and the community web server and internet gateway.
- Bathroom facilities with waterless toilets and urinals.
"The Shed" will be a steel industrial building comprised of 3 main sections:
- Farm equipment storage. This is where all gardening tools, fertiliser, seeds, the tractor, and any other equipment needed for maintaining the grounds is kept.
- The workshop. This will be stocked with all kinds of tools, including welding gear. The workshop will be used for repairs to any equipment, including IT equipment, or for manufacturing/inventing.
- The recycling centre. Any items such as old computer equipment or whitegoods, scrap metal or wood, etc. is brought here for re-use or eventual recycling. See the Recycling page for more information.
These items may all be combined into one building:
- Aquaculture facility.
- Chook pens.