Our task groups are organised around the triple-bottom-line outcomes of environmental, social and economic sustainability.
The Design task group is responsible for achieving environmental sustainability outcomes. Their main roles include designing the water, energy, food (permaculture) and recycling systems, the homes, the community centre, and other design-related items. They will also be responsible for producing the "Development Code" for the ecovillage. Science, engineering, IT and permaculture design knowledge will be useful in this group.
The Community task group is responsible for achieving social sustainability outcomes. Their function will include organising meetings and group activities, promoting the ecovillage, building the group, facilitating consensus decision-making processes, conflict resolution, and communications (including internet/web). Knowledge of community processes, psychology, sociology, marketing and communications will be useful in this group.
The Real Estate and Finance task group is responsible for economic sustainability outcomes. Their main roles include researching real estate and zoning, finding and securing appropriate land, setting up legal entities, and researching financing options and business models for the ecovillage. Knowledge of accounting, law, real estate, finance, taxation and investing will be useful in this group.
Anyone can join any group. Each group will have tasks and deliverables allocated to it, and will be required to present the results of their research and creativity to the rest of the community at meetings.
Each task group will have certain responsibilities and deliverables, and sub-groups may be organised along these lines.
- Design and Environmental Sustainability group
- Site layout
- Water and waste-water
- Permaculture design and food production
- Energy efficiency and production
- Recycling and trash
- Community centre
- Roads and vehicles
- Land rehabilitation
- Community and Social Sustainability group
- Group building
- Principles and Vision documents
- Meetings, activities and excursions
- Decision-making and conflict resolution
- Communications and document control
- Community by-laws/code
- Real Estate, Finance and Economic Sustainability
- Real estate market and property search
- Council, zoning and development applications
- Project financing and investment models
- Legal structures
- Business models