This page outlines the overall development process that will take us from where we are now - a group with a great vision - to where we want to be - a group living in a fully sustainable community that we created ourselves.
Our starting point for this overall process comes the book by Diane Leafe Christian - "Creating a Life Together - Practical Tools to Grow Ecovillages and Intentional Communities". Although the items are numbered, this is not a linear process, and some items continue all the way through the process.
- Organise our group.
- Research comunities.
- Create our vision documents.
- Establish our decision-making method(s).
- Resarch real estate market in our desired area (ie. around Brissy).
- Choose a location.
- Choose and set up our legal entity.
- Research zoning issues.
- Conduct property search.
- Choose property.
- Learn our financing options.
- Finance and buy property.
- Develop or renovate property as required.
- Organise internal community finances.